1. Psalm 22:1, “To the Chief Musician. Set to ‘The Deer of the Dawn. A Psalm of David. ‘My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me? Why are You so far from helping Me, And from the words of My groaning?” This fulfillment was recorded in Mathew 27:46, “And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, ‘Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?’ that is, ‘My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?’”
2. Psalm 22:8, “He trusted in the LORD, let Him rescue Him; Let Him deliver Him, since He delights in Him!” Fulfilled in Matthew 27:43, “He trusted in God; let Him deliver Him now if He will have Him; for He said, ‘I am the Son of God.’”
3. Psalm 69:20, “Reproach has broken my heart, And I am full of heaviness; I looked for someone to take pity, but there was none; And for comforters, but I found none.” Fulfilled in Matthew 27: 39, 41, 44, “39 And those who passed by blasphemed Him, wagging their heads…Likewise, the chief priests also, mocking with the scribes and elders…44 Even the robbers who were crucified with Him reviled Him with the same thing.”
4. Psalm 22:15, “My strength is dried up like a potsherd, And My tongue clings to My jaws; You have brought Me to the dust of death.” And Psalm 69:21, “They also gave me gall for my food, And for my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.” Fulfilled in John 19:28, 30, “After this, Jesus, knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, said, ‘I thirst!’… So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, ‘It is finished!’ And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.”
5. and 6. Psalm 22:16 and 18, “For dogs have surrounded Me; The congregation of the wicked has enclosed Me. They pierced My hands and My feet; … They divide My garments among them, And for My clothing they cast lots.” Fulfilled in Matthew 27:35, “Then they crucified Him, and divided His garments, casting lots, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet: ‘They divided My garments among them, And for My clothing they cast lots.’”
What unique qualifications did Jesus possess to be the savior of the world? See how he was thoroughly fitted and prepared to accomplish this wonderful work.
Download the free PDF: "Jesus: The World's Savior"