When I witness, I begin by explaining that most likely they have heard Satan’s lies about Christianity. These lies keep people from becoming a Christian. For example, there is the lie stating when you die, you either go to heaven or hell. This is not taught in the Bible. What is taught is that there is a resurrection of all of the dead. John 5:28-29 (RSV), “the hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice and come forth, those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of judgment.” This resurrection during the judgment day is taught in Acts 17:31, “Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained.” The judgment day is 1,000 years. 2 Peter 3:7,8, “day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men. But do not ignore this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.”
Why is the judgment day 1,000 years long? Because it will take 1,000 years to accomplish five great works of judgment.
- The present evil systems will be demolished. Daniel 2:44 (NIV), “In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed…It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever.”
- Jesus and His Bride establish a righteous reign on earth. Revelation 20:4, 6.
- The dead are raised. John 5:28, 29.
- Christ will restore to mankind all that was lost when man sinned. Acts 3:19-21, “the times of restoration of all things.”
- “The knowledge of the Lord will cover the earth as the waters cover the sea.” Isaiah 11:9.
Most know that Jesus came to save the lost. If that is the case, why is everybody still dying? Because during this present evil world, mankind is learning the horrible results of sin. Also, the Church is developed into Christ-likeness by learning obedience through suffering. (Same principle as Hebrews 5:8, 9) When the Church is complete and Christ reigns, suffering and dying will end. Revelation 21:1-5, “And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away…And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.”
Present this message in a Crusade and people will be drawn to God's great loving, wise, and just character!